Consulting Director – Clinical Development & Market Access – Pharmaceuticals and Healthcare
Salary: £100,000 + competitive
Based: Blackfriars, London
Posted: 13 October 2017
GlobalData is a leading market research and analysis firm serving an extensive list of blue chip clients on a global basis. We provide comprehensive, timely and accurate research reports and datasets to support cutting edge industry analysis and strategic planning. With over 2,000 directly employed staff, spread over 13 offices including major centres in the UK, US and India. Our mission is to build and maintain innovative and unique desktop information services for the corporate sector within the Life Sciences, Oil & Gas and Power industries.
Summary of Role
This leadership role will be an important part of the growing GlobalData pharmaceutical and diagnostics consulting business for EMEA & APAC with a focus in clinical development and market access
GlobalData has a distinctive consulting business model that synergizes with and leverages its other business line of databases/syndicated reports. This role will closely interact with the internal sales, consultants, therapeutic area analysts, market research, and support teams.
- Sell in and be capable of delivering projects that meet revenue targets and OP focused in the clinical development and market access spaces as the business allows (Sell and Deliver)
- Identify and understand current clients’ needs. Develop on-going and in-depth contact with key clients through products, consulting, conferences and thought leadership documents
- The role will include associated budgeting responsibility as well as project management on specific multiple consulting assignments and internal projects
- Along with the Sr Director support the development of a longer- term consulting strategy and its fit within the wider Pharma division with a focus on clinical development and market access as opposed to commercialization/valuation
- Help manage and build the dedicated consulting team , along with promoting a learning culture that wins (Manage)
- Support the training and development of skill and leadership capabilities in the team
Essential Skills & Experience (Applicants must have):
- Strategic and analytical thinking: Ability to conceptualize and communicate client issues;
- Financial acumen: Experience of budgeting and managing a Profit & Loss Account
- Team leadership and management
- Healthcare knowledge through either working with a pharmaceutical/biotech company or consultancy. This should focus on knowledge of market structure and key strategic issues within the industry with recent experience in clinical development and market access
- Management experience – both extensive project management and experience of managing a small team within a client support role. Be able to demonstrate ability to manage projects to a deadline while maintaining quality.
- Experienced with client interaction – considerable experience of working with either internal or external clients and in preparing and conducting presentations to Senior Management
The level of appointment; Consulting Director and salary given will be commensurate with experience of the successful candidate.
Closing Date: 13 November 2017