Sponsorship Sales Executive London £Negotiable + Comms
Arena International, part of GlobalData Plc, runs over 80 international conferences and forums every year, with a thriving programme that is always expanding. Our portfolio spans numerous industry sectors and geographical regions, meaning the successful candidate will be open to travel internationally.
As a Sponsorship Sales Executive, you will report to the Head of Sales, and be responsible for ensuring achievement of revenue targets across a wide range of events thought the generation of new business, and repeat clients.
- IT knowledge and ability to use Microsoft: Outlook, Word, Excel and typing skills.
- Ability to learn and quickly gain a working knowledge of new software (e.g. Salesforce)
- Ability to plan and organise effectively ensuring maximum use of time throughout the day
- Clear and articulate communicator
- Persuasive and tenacious in approaching clients with ability to withstand rejection
- Demonstrates initiative and resourcefulness
- Ability to self motivate
- Face to Face sales skills, and the ability to establish strong business relationships
- To research and build knowledge of topics through all available mediums ensuring understanding of prospects, products, services and competitors.
- Gain and Expand general industry knowledge across Arena’s key sectors through press and online news servicesSales
- To accurately identify and target the key decision maker within a qualified company and speak professionally and with enthusiasm regarding the product.
- To build value throughout the sales process
- To work with sales management in putting together an appropriate sales proposition and presenting this accurately to decision makers
- To manage time effectively in working across multiple products at any given time
- On Site
- To prepare event floor plans and exhibitor manuals
- To thoroughly prepare for each conference/forum through highlighting client goals and objectives in order that we consistently deliver for our clients on site
- To attend conferences/forums and provide on-site services to sponsors and exhibitors, including networking support, client entertainment etc.
- To achieve on-site re-bookings for annual conferences through delivering on-site at conferences and building relationships
- To attend relevant external summits, events or meetings where appropriate to support the sales process and lead generationReporting
- Keep accurate records on relevant systems regarding client data and background to ensure appropriate management of client information
- Provide management reports detailing pipelines, expected weekly revenue, event projected revenues etc. to managers – providing accurate information Interdepartmental Interaction
- Liaising closely with the production team to ensure that sponsor speaker slots are update on materials
- Arranging vendor marketing blasts with our in house conference marketing team
- Working closely with the delegate sales team, providing sponsor wish lists and targeted prospectsKey Performance Indicators
- Regularly achieves monthly sales targets in accordance with package requirements
- Builds a quality lead base sufficient to achieve set Performance Indicators
- Maintaining daily telephone performance